We’re thrilled to partner with veteran cancer support organization, Wellness House, to bring additional programming to our Cancer Resource Center. For the past 28 years, Wellness House has provided a variety of programs to encourage, educate, and emotionally support people with cancer and their families-- all at no cost to participants. Thanks to our collaboration with Wellness House, Lemons of Love has been able to offer Tuesday evening yoga (ongoing), a Wellness + Cancer series, Expressive Arts, and IgniteHope candle making. Please check our calendar for upcoming Wellness House programs at the Lemons of Love Cancer Resource Center.
Imerman Angels is the leader in providing free, one-on-one peer support to those of high risk, previvors, cancer fighters, survivors, and caregivers around the world! Through our alliance, Imerman Angels will be expanding their one-on-one peer support to include information inside of every Lemons of Love Chemo Care Package. We appreciate Imerman Angels’ focus on individuals at every stage of the cancer continuum and know that their extended support services will benefit the Lemons of Love community. We are honored and excited about this collaboration and love that Imerman Angels brings new expertise and resources to our recipients.
1. Rush University Hospital, 1725 W Harrison St, Chicago, Illinois 60612. Map this location
2. University of Chicago Hospitals, 5758 S Maryland Ave, Chicago, Illinois 60637. Map this location
3. Northwestern Medicine - Prentice Womens Hospital, 250 E Superior St, Chicago, Illinois 60611. Map this location
4. Presence Saint Joseph Hospital, 2900 N Lake Shore Dr, Chicago, Illinois 60657 Map this location
5. Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center, Center for Cancer and Specialty Care, 2216 W Thomas St, Chicago, Illinois 60622. Map this location
6. Presence Resurrection Medical Center, 7435 W Talcott Ave Ste 363, Chicago , Illinois 60631. Map this location
7. Stroger Hospital of Cook County, 1900 W Harrison St , Chicago, Illinois 60612. Map this location
8. Swedish Covenant Hospital - Womens Health Center, 5140 N California Ave, Chicago, Illinois 60625. Map this location
9. University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System, 1801 W Taylor St, Chicago, Illinois 60612. Map this location
10. Advocate Illinois Masonic - Creticos Cancer Center, 900 W Nelson St, Chicago, Illinois 60657. Map this location
11. Mercy Hospital and Medical Center, 2525 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, Illinois 60616. Map this location
12. Mt Sinai Medical Center, 1500 S California Ave, Chicago, Illinois 60608. Map this location
13. Loyola Medical Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center (Maywood), 2160 S 1st Ave, Maywood, Illinois 60153. Map this location
14. Marjorie Weinberg Cancer Center, 715 W North Ave, Melrose Park, Illinois 60160. Map this location
15. NorthShore Glenbrook Hospital, 2180 Pfingsten Rd, Glenview, Illinois 60026. Map this location
16. Northwest Community Hospital, 800 W Central Rd, Arlington Heights, Illinois 60005. Map this location
17. St James Breast Health and Wellness Center, 3900 203rd St, Olympia Fields, Illinois 60461. Map this location
18. Cancer Support Center- Homewood, 2028 Elm Rd, Homewood, Illinois 60430. Map this location
19. MacNeal Hospital, 3340 South Oak Park Ave, Second Floor, Suite 206, Berwyn, Illinois 60402. Map this location
20. Cancer Survivorship Center, 1999 Dempster, Park Ridge, Illinois 60068. Map this location
21. AMITA Health: Alexian Brothers Medical Center, 800 Biesterfield Rd, Elk Grove Village, Illinois 60007. Map this location
22. North Shore Evanston Hospital, 2650 Ridge Ave, Evanston, Illinois 60201. Map this location
23. AMITA St Alexius Medical Center, 1555 N Barrington Rd, Hoffman Estates, Illinois 60169. Map this location
24. West Suburban River Forest Medical Center, 420 William St, River Forest, Illinois 60305. Map this location
25. Advocate Christ Medical Center, 4440 W 95th St, Oak Lawn, Illinois 60453. Map this location
26. Advocate South Suburban Hospital, 17800 Kedzie Ave, Hazel Crest, Illinois 60429. Map this location
27. Cancer Wellness Center, 215 Revere Dr, Northbrook, Illinois 60062. Map this location
28. Presence Saint Francis Hospital, 355 Ridge Ave, Evanston, Illinois 60202. Map this location
29. Little Company of Mary Hospital, 2800 W 95th St, Evergreen Park, Illinois 60805. Map this location
30. Palos Community Hospital, 12251 S 80th Ave, Palos Heights, Illinois 60463. Map this location
1. 12 Oaks Foundation: 12 Oaks Foundation provides grants for children ages 8-18 to help defray costs related to sports and extra-curricular activities while the family is dealing with the financial hardships of cancer treatment.
2. B+ Foundation: The B+ Foundation is committed to helping families of critically ill children with financial assistance so they can focus on helping their child get well.
3. Financial Assistance Programs on the Ped-Onc Resource Center: This site lists organizations that may help with aspects of financial and insurance problems, airline assistance, assistance with drugs, and governmental assistance program.
4. Patient Advocate Foundation: A non-profit organization that is a liaison between patient and insurers, employers and creditors to resolve insurance, job discrimination or debt crises.
5. Ronald McDonald Houses: Ronald McDonald Houses provide free lodging for families of children being treated at many hospitals. This site tells a little about the history of RMD houses, a search database to find a local house, and how one can support the cause.
6. Kelly Anne Dolan Memorial Fund: This organization is dedicated to the non-medical uninsured needs of families caring for terminally, critically and chronically ill dependent children through advocacy, financial assistance, education, and informational resources. Because of limited funds they are only accepting applications from social workers in the mid-Atlantic region. However, there is good information on the site information on how to obtain a video called Financial Management During Crisis.
8. Cancer Fund of America: Provides assistance to defray cancer-related expenses not covered by insurance.